AHP's Certification Program, established in 1975, allows members to achieve professional recognition by documenting experience and testing knowledge in health care resource development. Currently, there are two levels of achievement in the program: the Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and the Fellow (FAHP).
Who should pursue certification?
- Anyone currently employed in the field of health care resource development and management
- Health care resource development professionals who want to challenge themselves and jump-start their careers
- Specialists in one aspect of health care resource development who want to develop more general knowledge and skills and learn how their activities fit into their organizations overall fundraising program
- Consultants to health care resource development and management
- Professionals employed in related fields (such as public relation, marketing, or fundraising for causes other than health care) who wish to pursue or maintain professional credentials in the health care arena