The AHP Standards Manual Update Process
In 2012, AHP published its reporting standards in the AHP Standards Manual for Reporting and Communicating Effectiveness in Health Care Philanthropy. Containing peer-established definitions and consistent rules for industry reporting, the Standards Manual gives health care fundraisers a better way to communicate philanthropic impact to boards, executive teams, donors and the public.
As the AHP Standards Council prepares to update and release a second edition of the Standards Manual, all AHP members are invited to propose changes to the Standards Manual.
The Solicitation Period begins January 2, 2018 and ends on February 16, 2018. Read more about how to submit a proposed change below.
AHP Standards Council Assessments: Process and Procedures – The AHP Standards Council shall evaluate submissions and associated comments as follows:
- Review - The Standards Council will review each submission and accompanying comments.
- Hearings - On its own initiative or upon the request of a submitter or commenter, with the support of a majority of its members, the Standards Council may hold one or more hearings on one or more submissions.
- Venue - At the sole discretion of the Standards Council, hearings may be in person, via telephone or videoconference.
- Notice - A hearing notice shall be posted on the homepage of the AHP website no less than ten (10) days prior to the hearing date.
- Decision - The Standards Council’s decision shall be communicated by e-mail to the submitter and posted on the AHP website within ten (10) days of the date of the close of the Assessment Period.
Download the current edition of the Standards Manual here