Major Gift Initiatives and the Campaign
Your organization must decide on the best approach in enhancing your major gift program. This may include a capital campaign, but may necessitate a modified and target approach included in a mini-campaign or special (major) gift initiative. This Track is designed and presented by seasoned professionals who will guide you in determining what strategy is best for your situation and implementing the exact structure and plan for the greatest level of success. You will work through all strategic components of a major fundraising campaign—from the inception of the “big idea” to the celebration that marks the achievement of the goal and the effective stewardship of those who participate in your success. The Track emphasizes the evaluation of each participant’s own situation, and facilitates experiential learning through a series of workshops, group interaction and personal assessment and team exercises.
Who should attend
This track is designed for anyone at a health care organization who is either in the middle of, or contemplating the start of, a major fundraising initiative, including staff and administrative personnel, board members and key volunteers.
This course curriculum explores in depth each of the following:
- A New Way of Planning in the Changing Philanthropic Landscape
- Understanding the Essential Elements of a Winning Campaign
- Understanding the Necessary Mechanics
- The Importance of a Case Statement
- The Feasibility Study
- Identifying and Recruiting Leadership
- The Role of Staff, Board and Volunteers in the Campaign
- Stewardship Isn't Just Important; It's Everything.
- Securing the Donor Visit and the Art of the Ask