Reporting to the Senior Director of Major Gifts, the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the work of the major gift team, fostering strong relationships and working effectively with all levels of the public in order to encourage philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
Administrative& Donor Record Keeping:
- Provides proactive administrative support to the Senior Director of Major Gifts, including drafting correspondence, preparing reports & presentations, as well as maintaining record systems.
- Supports major gift team including documentation, reports and proposals, coordinating prospect and donor events and activities, responding to unique requests, and supporting prospect research activity.
- Assists with donor recognition and stewardship activities (i.e.: reports, tours, receptions, information sessions)
Fundraising & Donor Relationship Management:
- Works with the Senior Director of Major Gifts to identify, engage, nurture and grow new & current funding sources and relationships.
- Coordinates the “special handing” folder for Southern Alberta.
- Manages personal relationships with Leadership Circle donors, establishing solicitation strategies to engage and move Leadership donors up the donor pyramid, recommending specific purpose and level of gift.
- Identifies $10,000+ donor prospects and involves the Senior Director of Major Gifts in future cultivation strategies and the possible assignment of a Major Gift Primary Solicitor.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers and Cancer Care staff.
Acknowledgment and Stewardship:
- Communicates effectively with a portfolio of Leadership Circle donors, providing , prompt and personalized gift acknowledgement.
- Provides donor stewardship through tours, hosting meetings, in addition to fulfilling stewardship plans as set forth for major donors.
- Manages annual donor stewardship events for the Leadership Circle
- Formulates and strategizes donor “contacts” within a moves management system.