Reporting to the Senior Director for Fund Development and the Senior Director for Special Events, the incumbent will be responsible for providing focused, professional and proactive support to the office’s fund development and special events teams.
The Development Associate oversees and executes several assignments, including high-level board and meeting management, data-entry and report generation, events planning and logistics, executive support and donor relations projects.
Participates in the implementation of the Development Office’s strategic initiatives with a specific focus on providing support to the Fund Development and Special Events teams.
- Provide support to the Senior Director for Fund Development and Senior Director for Special Events by handling ongoing administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
- Manage logistics concerning the Board of Directors, Foundation Councils and other leadership groups, including scheduling meetings, preparing support materials and tracking follow-up items.
- Prepare timely and professional correspondences for a variety of audiences.
- Provide project-specific support for the Fund Development Directors, including assisting with cultivation and recognition events, report generation, assisting in preparing email and mail campaigns, setting up meetings and assuring that meeting materials are prepared in a timely manner.
- Assist with managing third party fundraising events. Prepare application and agreement paperwork in accordance with procedures approved by WMC’s legal and compliance departments. Coordinate necessary marketing materials with the appropriate channels.
- Provide comprehensive support for several internal and external fundraising and awareness-raising events per year.
- Review all returned mail and enter any required changes in the donor management database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Update and enter information in Raiser’s Edge. Be able to navigate the database and its various components, input notes and interactions, create files, run reports, make changes and keep all information updated and accurate.
- Adhere to Development Department’s policies & procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Interact closely with all WMC stakeholders: senior executives, physicians, employees, vendors, donors, community partners, etc.
- Frequent contact with staff within the development department and a variety of WMC departments.
- Frequent contact with internal and external phone callers ensuring that a high degree of service.