The CEO Connection is a quarterly electronic communication from AHP President and CEO Bill McGinly to health care organization CEOs discussing issues affecting health care philanthropy.
Topics explored include:
- The health care institution CEO as chief architect in creating a culture of philanthropy.
- Organizing philanthropy from the perspective of the health care institution CEO.
- Developing measurement standards for health care philanthropy.
- Challenges facing health care philanthropy, including:
- Finding and retaining qualified development staff.
- Making a compelling case in a highly competitive and global environment, where reimbursements are down and the demand is high for universal care.
- Keeping pace with increased legislative and donor scrutiny/sophistication.
- Applying a business model to philanthropy.
- Addressing technological and capital demands with philanthropy.
Review previous e-mail letters:
To add your name and the name of your health care organization CEO to the CEO Connection distribution list, please e-mail email@example.com.