Thank you for agreeing to speak with AHP. Your willingness to share best practices is important to the AHP community and furthering health care development. Here, you will find general information about speaking at Convene Canada 2018.
To ensure a successful experience as a speaker, please review the information below about the terms of your speaking engagement.
- AHP does not pay for travel expenses or speaker fees.
- AHP asks that you register for the conference if you are planning on attending the conference beyond your own session (registration is not complimentary).
- AHP requires that if you are an industry partner, you co-present with a development professional and exhibit at, or sponsor, the conference.
- AHP requires that your presentation and materials be your own original work or have obtained any necessary copyright permissions.
- We ask that you notify AHP immediately by calling (703) 532-6243 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in the event that an emergency should prevent you from meeting you obligation as a speaker.
- AHP does not allow sales pitches or self-promotion. Content should be based upon a relevant topic, concept or idea, not a product or service.
Presentations: Providing Resources for Your Session
AHP highly encourages speakers to provide their presentation/handouts for attendees to use during the session. The sessions are often evaluated not only by the expertise of the speaker but also on the availability of presentations or shared resources. AHP will not provide copies of presentations or handouts at the conference.
What constitutes a handout?
- A copy of your PowerPoint presentation (Download the AHP Convene Canada PowerPoint Template)
- A resource from your organization that can be used as a tool for an attendee that demonstrates what you are teaching about
- A summary of your presentation
Email your presentation using the PowerPoint template above to email@example.com by April 19, 2018. Presentations will be posted on the website for attendees to download before the conference.
Note: When you send in your PowerPoint document, we will convert the file to a printable and secure PDF. We will not edit the content of your presentation. You are required to bring your PowerPoint on a flash drive with you to the conference in addition to emailing a copy to AHP so we can post it for attendees. If you are not able to provide your presentation by the deadline, it is your responsibility to bring with you 75 copies of your presentation in the notes format for session attendees.