Arnprior Regional Health Foundation
Why is a 40 under 40 winner
- Ben and his team have raised over $5 million as part of the Come Home to Great Care Campaign and have achieved the campaign goal two years early
- He has been an instructor for two Fundraising Management courses at Algonquin College for the last seven years
- Ben has served as a volunteer for AFP’s Education and Next-Gen committees
Q & A
1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
I got into healthcare philanthropy because it combined my passion to give back in a meaningful way and in a field that many can connect with.
2. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
My mother passed away at a young age (46) from heart disease, and I was a teenager who was understandably lost. I decided to volunteer my time to help make sure that no one experiences loss unnecessarily. I absolutely fell in love with the philanthropic field, and it completely changed my career trajectory.
3. What piece of advice would you give aspiring 40 Under 40 recipients?
My advice to aspiring 40 under 40 recipients is to test new things, innovate, and make sure you truly believe in the cause you are supporting.