Northwell Health Foundation
New Hyde Park, New York
Why is a 40 under 40 winner
- Lori led a re-evaluation of Northwell’s Children’s Miracle Network business unit that led to a $300,000 increase in revenue in one year
- In 2020, in the middle of COVID, she pivoted three live walks to virtual events that brought in over $1 million for the second year in a row, and shared insights from her experience on an AHP webinar later that spring
- Lori was one of 100 Northwell employees out of 70,000 chosen to participate in ALEAD, a management training program designed to develop future organizational leaders
Q & A
1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
After working for a boutique public relations/event planning firm, I wanted to get involved in non profit work and help raise funds for our communities.
2. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
When COVID turned the world upside down, we were in the middle of our yearly Northwell Health Walk campaign. Within less than two weeks, we turned our entire Walk peer-to-peer fundraising campaign to a COVID-19 emergency fundraising peer to peer campaign and raised over $1M for our local communities and employees.
3. What piece of advice would you give aspiring 40 Under 40 recipients?
Never say no. Always take on a new challenge. It will allow you to grow and broaden your career.