Eligible Educational Activities
A grant of up to $250 to be used to strengthen health care philanthropy and the presence of AHP through the development and support of AHP Roundtables throughout Canada. AHP Roundtables are gatherings of AHP members and prospective members to learn and share ideas, challenges and strategies in health care fundraising. For questions on how to plan AHP Roundtables, contact Tammy Morison.
- AHP members may apply for a grant of up to $250 towards expenses in hosting a roundtable session for current and prospective AHP members
- Application must clearly outline the proposed roundtable session’s education and networking opportunities
- Grants are limited to one per year per roundtable area
- Grant recipient/applicant is to submit a short report within 30 days following the educational/networking session to the Canada Council via Mary Ann Donlin, along with an expense report. Maximum $250 will be reimbursed
A grant equivalent to annual membership fee to AHP will be awarded to strengthen health care development within jurisdictions where AHP Canada Council has difficulty in recruiting provincial and territorial representation.
- Applicants must be a member of a health care facility in a province and/or territory where the Canada Council has generally had difficulty in recruiting representation (see AHP Canada Council members to determine provincial/territorial vacancies)
- The application seeking support to cover AHP membership fee will demonstrate clear intent to serve on the Canada Council for the term
- Recipients may be eligible to receive a one-year renewal of this award, and requires re-application
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
A grant of $500 to help offset cost of initial CFRE certification for Canadian AHP members.
- Applicants will be an AHP member in good standing for at least 2+ years
- Successful grant applicant will be reimbursed $250 upon submission of the certification application and the final $250 upon receipt of proof of attainment of CFRE designation
Grant for AHP Development Primer or Advanced Course
A $250 grant for a new AHP Member and/or a board member of a Canadian AHP member organization to attend:
Other Educational Opportunities
- From time to time, AHP Canada Council may deem activities that the council collaborates on to warrant consideration for funding from the Gord Durnan Fund
- In any given year, the council may consider national and/or joint national and international collaborative activities as they see fit, and only if the 10% annual distribution is not exceeded
Gord Durnan Fund Application Form