Please note: The 2019 Gord Durnan Fund application deadline has passed.
Gord Durnan began his career in health care philanthropy in 1977 and was the first Canadian to join AHP, pass both the CFRE and FAHP and win the Si Seymour Award. Gord retired in 2005 and now dedicates his time to volunteering for many charitable organizations in Canada. In honour of Gord’s contribution to health care philanthropy, the fund was established through the Hospital Development and Education Fund (HDEF) of Canada in 2005 by his peers to ensure that educational opportunities for health care fundraisers were available and accessible across Canada.
Durnan Fund Terms
On an annual basis, the AHP Canada Council will review requests for funding from the Gord Durnan Education Fund. The terms are outlined below:
- A member in good standing with AHP will apply for funds from the Durnan Fund through the Gord Durnan Fund application
- The Gord Durnan Fund application deadline was March 1, 2019.
- Applications will be forwarded to AHP Canada Council for review. Council will collaborate with AHP International to award Gord Durnan Fund awards, in conjunction with other AHP educational awards
- The requests will be ranked according to the priorities set out by the fund
- Total annual disbursement from the Fund will equal no more than 10% of the balance of the fund
- Payments will be made directly to recipients by the Treasurer of AHP Canada Council, from HDEF account