This track will focus on successful leadership and problem solving skills to better motivate and engage health care CEOs, volunteers and ultimately the investor-type donor in your organization’s major gifts program. Participants are required to bring actual solicitation experiences and challenges for group case work discussions and solutions.
Advanced Skills for Major Gifts
Who Should Attend
Experienced health care major gifts officers (minimum of five years in a major gifts capacity) will explore the skills and processes required to expand and maximize their major gift program potential and their career path in today’s changing health care environment. While not a prerequisite, it is recommended that participants have completed the Major Gifts and Capital Campaign Tracks offered at the Madison Institute or similar course work.
What We Will Cover
- Successful Engagement Strategies at All Levels (Volunteers, Staff, Executive Suite)
- Problem Solving Challenges with Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating an Enduring Culture of Integrated Major Gifts
- The Changing Health Care Organization: Adapting Your Case and Plan
- Performance Measures and Metrics for an Overall Major Gifts Program for Staff and Volunteers
Advanced Techniques and Skills
- In-house Training
- Problem Solving Strategies from Securing an Appointment to Advisor Disagreements and More.
The class is highly interactive. Time will be dedicated to sharing best practices. Each participant must bring case to work on throughout the week as a significant benefit of the experience is incorporating the shared learning into your individual situation and plan.