Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We may collect information about you when you interact and provide such information on our Sites such as, but not limited to, when applying for membership, registering for an AHP event or program, purchasing AHP products or services. The types of information collected on our Sites will vary based on the Services offered on the Sites and the information you choose to provide, but may include, among other things, your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information, photos you may choose to upload, information about employment and work history, and other information that you provide to us, such as when working with our customer service representatives, responding to surveys or polls, or providing comments and/or feedback regarding events and initiatives. This information is not used in a medical or diagnostic context.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, if you download our mobile apps, we may automatically collect data that is transferred to us by the applicable app store(s), (e.g., Apple App Store or Google Play Store) as part of the app downloading process, such as username, email address, app store account customer number, time of download, payment information (if any), and the individual device identification number. We have no control over what data the app stores choose to provide. We only process the data insofar as it is necessary for downloading the app to your mobile device.
How We Use and Share Information
Once collected, we may use and/or share information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to):
- Operating our Sites and providing our products and Services to you
- Providing you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- Communicating with you and manage our relationship with you, such as by providing account and service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Answering your emails or online requests
- Delivering and processing surveys
- Personalizing and improving the usability of the Sites
- Analyzing and improving our products, Sites, and services
- Publishing membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Sending updates, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- Preventing and detecting security concerns, fraud, and abuse of our products and services
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements
- Exercising, establishing, or defending our legal rights
- Fulfilling the purpose for which you provided it
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Information about You
We may disclose information that we maintain about you to other parties including:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, which may include mailing and order fulfillment vendors; consultants; data analytics and data modeling vendors; event registration vendors; online hosting companies, payment service providers, software developers, and customer service providers
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AHP’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by AHP about our Services users is among the assets transferred
The AHP may share certain information, other than email address and financial account information, with certain other companies in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, which helps contribute non-dues revenue to the AHP. The AHP also engages other companies from time to time to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, administering sweepstakes or contests.
We may also disclose information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, Community Guidelines, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes
- To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety AHP, AHP personnel, our members, or others
- To any other third party with your consent to the disclosure or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection and sharing
We do not share email addresses with third parties in a manner that allows them to directly promote their products or services to you.
Publication of Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists
As a professional organization, the information you provide may be published on the Sites and in print or digital form in a variety of ways to allow other health care development professionals and/or the public to find you, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for AHP programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers.
Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting us.
As noted above, we work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Services and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. We use Google Analytics and may use other third-party services to improve the performance of the Services and for analytics purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use the Sites, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Sharing Your Email Address Pursuant to AHP Policy
By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us, provided that, we will not give your email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you. The AHP will also not share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates or AHP members
How to Manage Information AHP Holds About You
If you are a registered user of the Sites, subscriber to AHP publications, purchaser of AHP products and services or an AHP member, you may review and update/correct information about you directly on the AHP’s website—www.ahp.org—or by contacting us.
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including opting out of email either using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message or by contacting us. Additionally, if you prefer to receive mailings only from the AHP and have your name and address removed from the list provided to our business partners, please contact us. For California residents, please consult the “Your Privacy Rights” for additional considerations.
California Privacy Rights
The AHP implements security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to the personnel and AHP business partners who may need to know that information in order to provide, operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, the AHP cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites may require the use of a user ID, email address or password as an additional security measure that is designed to help protect information about you.
Third Party Links, Tools, and Content
We sometimes may offer or link to content (e.g., educational material or job listing(s) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Site activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of these other linked sites, applications or other content.
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
2550 South Clark Street, Suite 810
Arlington, VA 22202
Last updated February 28, 2023