1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
I started working with a fundraising consulting firm, and my first project was with a children's hospital.
2. Why did you choose to make healthcare philanthropy your career?
Healthcare philanthropy provides an opportunity to make a meaningful impact at all levels—from helping ensure someone receives wonderful care to advancing world-changing research.
3. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
Working with nonprofit and fundraising leaders on a daily basis gave me the mentorship, insight, experience, and confidence needed to start my own leadership journey.
4. What was your first job, and what is something it taught you?
I was a soccer referee for elementary school children. I realized that kids are amazing and that parents will do anything to see their children succeed, even yell at a teenage referee!
5. What are your future aspirations?