1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
I was interested in learning more about the field of philanthropy and in that pursuit came across an opportunity to intern in healthcare and have been working in the field ever since.
2. Why did you choose to make healthcare philanthropy your career?
I am passionate about improving the quality of life of people. In working in this setting, I get the opportunity to equip care teams to help care for people while using the skills God has given me.
3. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
A crucial step in my career journey was when I was given the opportunity to help pioneer a caregiver recognition program for our healthcare system. This opportunity helped me gain a better understanding of healthcare operations, grateful patient fundraising, and how important it is to "keep it human."
4. What was your first job, and what is something it taught you?
My first job was as a camp counselor at a summer camp. The job taught me a lot about being flexible and adaptable, being a clear communicator, and how to let loose and have fun!
5. What are your future aspirations?
I hope to continue to grow as a leader in the healthcare arena and be in a position to even better garner funds to support patient care!