French Hospital Medical Center Foundation-Dignity Health
San Luis Obispo, California
Why is a 40 under 40 winner
- Jenny is often called on to share best practices or participate in thought leadership within CommonSpirit Health, including piloting a new text message platform for the organization
- She has increased direct mail response revenue for the FHMC Foundation. The most recent Spring Appeal solicitation generated more than double the revenue from the previous year
- Jenny spoke at CommonSpirit Health’s 2020 Philanthropy Education Summit, presenting a session on using data to build relationships with donors
Q & A
1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
Shortly after graduating from college, I realized that it was very important to me that my career path would allow me to make a difference, to give back. That’s how I originally discovered philanthropy and started working for a nonprofit land trust. After relocating to California’s Central Coast, I pursued the opportunity to continue my philanthropy journey by joining the French Hospital Foundation. After ten years in healthcare philanthropy, I continue to be inspired by the difference our work makes in the lives of our patients and communities.
2. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
I’ve been fortunate to have several opportunities for career growth with French Hospital, and have held positions ranging from operations and communications to grantwriting and development. In mid 2020, I accepted a newly created service area position overseeing annual giving and communications for four Dignity Health hospital foundations, including French Hospital Foundation. Working with multiple foundations to develop more cohesive, robust annual giving programs and impactful communications has been a very rewarding experience, allowing me the opportunity to experience further professional and personal growth.
3. What piece of advice would you give aspiring 40 Under 40 recipients?
Always strive to find new inspiration in your work. Whether you are inspired by tackling new challenges, continued growth and learning, or by your interactions with donors, patients or colleagues, keep finding and cultivating those things that inspire you.