Northern Nevada HOPES
Why is a 40 under 40 winner
- Mandi successfully brought in a $2.5 million capital campaign for Northern Nevada Hopes within a year of being hired, amid a global pandemic
- While at the American Cancer Society, Mandi recruited over 25 Fortune 1000 CEOs to launch four CEOs Against Cancer Chapters, in Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, and Las Vegas
- Over the last two years, Mandi and her team have increased annual fundraising revenue by nearly 250%
Q & A
1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
I was inspired by my mother at a young age to give back and think of others. Out of college, I had the privilege to begin my philanthropic career at the American Cancer Society, and I was hooked! I knew healthcare philanthropy is where I wanted to try and change my tiny piece of the world.
2. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
About 2 years ago, I began to have a yearning to get back to my hometown of Reno, Nevada and figure out how to give back to the community that gave me so much. Almost serendipitously Northern Nevada HOPES was looking to grow their philanthropy program, and I was selected for the role. What I have had the opportunity to do since I came on board has truly been life changing for me. Seeing the backbone of our healthcare landscape and the incredible work that FQHC's do every single day for so many is amazing, and I am so honored to be a part of it.
3. What piece of advice would you give aspiring 40 Under 40 recipients?
Be bold, be fearless, don't ever let anyone tell you what you can't do.