Wednesday, October 23
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ty Bennett is the founder of Leadership Inc., a speaking and training company with a mission to empower individuals and organizations to challenge their status quo, cultivate exceptional relationships, and compete in extraordinary ways. He’s changing lives – one leader at a time.
- At 21, Ty and his brother built a direct sales business to over $20 million in annual revenues.
- He developed a system and organization that would help over 500 sales managers fine-tune their sales and leadership skills in over 37 countries.
- He was dubbed one of the 10 Coolest Entrepreneurs in Utah.
- He’s the author of three best-selling books.
- He has traversed the world speaking to tens of thousands of audience members transforming the lives, careers, and business practices of leaders from some of the most recognizable brands in the world such as: Delta Airlines, Subway, Home Depot, Coca-Cola and RE/MAX.
- Ty’s best-selling books – Partnership is the New Leadership, The Power of Influence: Increase Your Income and Personal Impact and The Power of Storytelling: The Art of Influential Communication – are used in graduate courses at multiple universities including MIT, as today’s version of “How to Win Friends and Influence People.”
- He’s one of the youngest speakers ever to receive the CSP Designation from the National Association of Speakers – less than 5% of the world’s speakers earn this honor.
- He’s a husband and a father and he’s PASSIONATE about helping leaders cultivate the relevance and influence they need to challenge old ways and open new doors.
Gratitude Matters: Perspectives from a Patient, Physician and Administrator
Thursday, October 24
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM
On the morning of June 14, 2017, at a practice field for the annual Congressional Baseball Game, a man opened fire, wounding five and nearly killing Louisiana congressman Steve Scalise. Hear first-hand details of this true gratitude story from those who experienced it, including Rep. Scalise, author of “Back in the Game: One Gunman, Countless Heroes, and the Fight for My Life” - as well as two of the heroes who entered his life that day.
Rep. Steve Scalise (LA)
Steve Scalise proudly represents the First Congressional District of Louisiana, stretching from the beautiful Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain and the culturally distinct New Orleans suburbs to the vibrant bayous and wetlands abundant in natural resources. He was elected to Congress in 2008 after serving in the Louisiana State Legislature from 1996-2008. He serves his colleagues as the House Republican Whip, the second highest position in House Republican leadership.
Jack Sava, MD
Jack Sava, MD, is director of the Gold Surgery team at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Sava's team manages a broad spectrum of urgent general surgical conditions (including problems of the intestine, gallbladder, stomach, liver, and other abdominal organs) and staffs the MedStar trauma unit, a Level-1 trauma center.
Susan Kennedy, RN, BSN
Susan Kennedy, RN, BSN, is Senior Director of Trauma, Burns and Critical Care at MedStar Washington Hospital. She serves on the board of directors of the American Trauma Society.
Friday, October 25
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Internationally known author, consultant, and futurist Ian Morrison joins AHP for a keynote session looking into the future at trends such as value, consolidation and finances -- and how a strong philanthropic engine can be a strategic advantage for organizations seeking to thrive in the constantly changing world of health care.
Ian specializes in long-term forecasting and planning with particular emphasis on health care and the changing business environment. He combines research and consulting skills with an incisive Scottish wit to help public and private organizations plan their longer-term future.
Ian has written, lectured, and consulted on a wide variety of forecasting, strategy, and health care topics for government, industry, and a variety of nonprofit organizations in North America, Europe, and Asia. He has spoken to a range of audiences from the boards of Fortune 100 companies to the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in Beijing. Ian has worked with more than 100 Fortune 500 companies in health care, manufacturing, information technology, and financial services. Recent client sponsors include GE, Kaiser Permanente and the Mayo Clinic. He is a frequent commentator on the future for television, radio, and the print media.