The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy is seeking a Membership Database Administrator. This is a full-time position located in Arlington, VA.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Deb Borg, Human Resources, deb [at] suppleegroup.com.
Summary of Position
This position is designed for someone who loves mastering the complexities of a database to harness data to help the team solve complex problems. The association is only as good as its data, and you will be keeper of the keys – ensuring data is entered correctly, helping to develop easy-to-follow standard operating procedures for data entry for the broader team, and providing members the very best service possible. You will be the first point of contact for all incoming membership inquiries and dues processing, and you will create and distribute reporting to ensure all other parts of the organization have the information they need about the membership. This employee will have exceptional customer service abilities; providing support to all members, AHP event participants and internal staff.
- Provides high-level of customer service, responds to requests, resolves problems, assists and answers questions from members and prospects
- Manages the membership database to ensure the accuracy of member and prospect records and reports while maintaining overall data integrity. This includes compliance with applicable data privacy requirements.
- Ensures the database supports our membership structure including collection of data; join and renew/invoicing processes, member onboarding/off boarding processes, welcome letters, lapsed member surveys and other personalized communications
- Oversees the integrity of membership data and member statistics, and ensures best practices are used consistently
- Identifies areas of needed improvement and works with appropriate membership staff and IT to implement changes
- Assists in database troubleshooting and solutions development as problems arise
- Serves as primary contact for day-to-day operations of AHP membership dues billing and collections functions
- Maintains excellent communication and coordination with all departments on updates/issues/trends pertaining to iMIS and the AHP membership
- Proficiently performs administrative duties including mailing of all monthly invoices, member renewal calls, phone coverage as needed, and various additional administrative duties as assigned
- Always embodies the values and core competencies of the Association and positively promotes the Association’s culture
- Supports all internal team members and departments in accomplishing the Association’s mission, vision, and goals
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote the Association’s success
- Responds to questions from all stakeholders regarding AHP membership, meetings and exhibits offerings
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of progressive responsibility
- Association management environment work experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent member/customer service ethic
- Proficient using major business software applications (Microsoft Office Suite etc.)
- Strong proficiency in iMIS software application and/or related software (e.g. Salesforce.com, Wild Apricot) with demonstrated capacity to learn
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal formats; showcases clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in project management; effectively manages schedules and deadlines for ongoing initiatives
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and to work independently; a self-initiator, versatile
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with bias toward continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrative abilities in collaborative team building and consensus
- Demonstrated strong business and stakeholder relationship building experience
Essential Competencies & Behaviors––
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Aptitude for the management and effective use of information systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding communications/interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement to ensure the system and staff can use the system effectively
- Responsiveness to staff members, external vendors and association member requests in a timely and helpful manner
- Ability to manage various projects and meet deadlines.
AHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.