The Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) 40 Under 40 Program is designed to recognize the future leaders within the healthcare development community.
Collectively, we are changing the world — one campaign at a time.
These awards honor 40 young professionals who are shaping the future of the healthcare development industry.
Join the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy in the fourth year of our 40 Under 40 recognition program! This program honors the industry’s brightest young leaders who have demonstrated success in their careers in healthcare philanthropy. We're looking for men and women who are making a significant difference in healthcare development.
Eligible nominees must be under the age of 40 as of October 20, 2021.
Nominees must be employed in the healthcare development industry. They should be established professional leaders with a strong record of innovation and outstanding performance. Multiple nominees from the same organization can be submitted. Nominees are not required to be current members of AHP.
- Career-long connections with a peer network of current and previous recipients.
- Recognition during the 2021 AHP Annual International Conference, taking place October 20-22, 2021 in Boston. Winners will receive a discounted registration fee to attend the event but are not required to attend.
- Individual profile on AHP's website and social media platforms.
Tips for Success
AHP receives many nominations for the 40 Under 40 program. Here's how to make yours stand out:
- Make sure to address the nominee's professional accomplishments, awards and milestones in the nomination.
- Include as much detail as possible about a nominee's specific professional accomplishments. We're looking for real, tangible results: "She created and implemented a text-to-give campaign resulting in a 20 percent increase in annual giving in 2010." Or, "He raised an additional $500,000 through our grateful patient program in 2010."
- Make a specific connection between the nominee's accomplishments and this particular award. Nominations that are submitted in a press release or boilerplate manner will not be accepted.
- Answer all questions completely. The selection committee wants to get a detailed picture of each nominee's professional life in order to select the most deserving recipients. Consider using bullet points in the nomination form to clearly communicate key details.
Self-nominations are welcome. In addition to the online form, a high-resolution, 300 dpi, professional quality digital photo (headshot) of the nominee must be submitted.
The 2020 40 Under 40 nomination period has closed. The 2021 nomination period opens March 29.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your submission! Good luck!