Beyond Gratitude: An Evolution of Grateful Patient Fundraising
Available On Demand
Originally presented April 1, 2021
A fundamentally different approach to grateful patient giving, Beyond Gratitude will take development professionals through the basis and evolution of this new approach in direct caregiver philanthropic training. The talk will introduce and share examples of the driving principles that distinguish this philosophy, including:
• understanding the unique aspects of donor motivation in grateful patient and family fundraising
• identifying the true roadblocks from the perspective of healthcare professionals
• the keys to reducing discomfort to increase a willing to engage in grateful patient and family fundraising efforts
• insights to coaching healthcare professionals, and in particular, physicians to become your partner in this process
In this talk, Walt Edwards addresses the ways to address grateful patient giving for direct care givers; including why donors give, how to listen for “beyond gratitude,” the most appropriate response (and what NOT to say!), and productive paths forward. Designed to bridge the understanding between development and medical professionals, this talk will empower fundraising administrators to develop closer relationships with physicians and researchers, engendering deeper trust and transformational outcomes.
This webinar qualifies for 1.0 CFRE points.
- Walt Edwards, Senior Vice President, Graham-Pelton and Assistant Vice President for Talent Development, University of Texas at Austin
AHP Members: Free