Beyond the Physician: Engaging Hospital Staff in Philanthropy
Available On Demand
Originally presented October 7, 2020
At the University of Vermont Medical Center, we have created opportunities for employees to not only learn first-hand what philanthropy does for our organization, but also ways for them to directly contribute to the impact of philanthropy … without having to make a gift.
• Learn about an annual fund supported grant program that engages employees at every stage of the process. Employees are applicants, reviewers, and grantees. Senior leaders, Foundation Board Members, caregivers, staff, and patients are also involved in the process.
• Learn how philanthropy inspired a program to create a system to help caregivers determine how to identify and direct extra assistance (hotel vouchers, change of clothing etc.) to family members. The Foundation convened a group from Patient and Family Experience/Advocacy, Social Work, Nursing Leadership, Parking, and Nutrition Services to develop a protocol and decision rubric for distributing help to patients using funds from a philanthropic gift.
- Kevin McAteer, Chief Development Officer, Academic Health Sciences, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Allison Searson, Executive Director of Annual Giving, Academic Health Sciences, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Amy Cohen, PhD, Director, Patient and Family Experience, University of Vermont Medical Center
AHP Members: $69*
*Be sure to log in to take advantage of your discounted rate.