Ashley Haughton, CFRE
Treasure Coast Hospice
Why is a 40 under 40 winner
- Ashley increased revenue from direct mail appeals by 49.7% while decreasing costs by 25%
- She serves as a board member for the Martin County Estate Planning Council
- Ashley assumed responsibility for growing the Generosity Circle monthly giving club in 2018 and has increased membership by 150% in three years
Q & A
1. How did you get into healthcare philanthropy?
I began as an entry level gift processor for the Foundation Department at my current employer seven years ago. Seeing the impact the generosity of grateful families and community members had on our current patients and families as well as the healing nature of giving was inspiring.
2. Tell us about a pivot point or crucial step in your career journey.
Deciding to become a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) solidified my path in making fundraising my career. Not only does it show commitment to the field, but dedication to upholding the Donor Bill of Rights and an oath to uphold the highest ethics when helping others fulfill their philanthropic passions.
3. What piece of advice would you give aspiring 40 Under 40 recipients?
Do not let the importance of sharing the impact of a donor's gift get lost. Share it with your donors as much as possible. There is a deep joy with giving, and as a fundraiser it is not only your job to get the gift, but to make sure your donors know you are putting it to good use.