Resources and Tools
AHP offers a variety of resources and tools that assist our members in their professional growth and their daily development operations.
- Subscribe to either the Basic or Advanced Benchmarking Service, which allows you to run pre-defined reports at the Basic or Advanced level against comparison groups that you define. Multi-year trend data (up to 5 years) is available at either level. Advanced Benchmarking gives you access to Report Writer, Tables and Graphs for further customization. All data is reported in the aggregate and adheres to the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice best practices for information exchanges and benchmarking programs. Subscriptions are for a one-year period.
- The AHP Report on Giving for U.S. and Canada provides key health care philanthropy industry benchmarks including total funds raised (cash and production), return on investment (ROI) and cost to raise a dollar (CTRD), as well as industry trends and performance comparisons based on institution type, number of FTEs and sources of funds raised. Submit your FY2016 data for AHP's Report on Giving through August 4 to receive a complimentary copy of the report.
- The Healthcare Philanthropy journal is published twice a year for its members and others who share an interest in health care fundraising. It is the definitive source for the latest in healthcare fundraising. The journal includes ideas and methods for creating successful development programs, analyses of the current health care environment, projections of future trends and more. Submit an article for publication in the spring or fall issue.
- AHP Connect is a newsletter emailed six times a year to all AHP members. It contains industry-specific news and research, tips of the trade, educational and professional opportunities, member updates, and more related to health care philanthropy.
- Order various publications and services in the AHP Bookstore, including Fundraising Under HIPAA, Report on Giving, and more.
- Reporting Standards: AHP has tracked health care philanthropy performance since 1984, and published the AHP Standards Manual for Reporting and Communicating Effectiveness in Health Care Philanthropy in 2012.